The high demand for professionals with a passion for patient care makes nursing one of today’s top profession. The licensed practical nurse is a vital member of the nursing care team who works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician. In almost every healthcare setting, the LPN provides basic bedside care and support to disabled, ill, convalescent, and injured patients. Practical nursing programs run for approximately 12 months and prepare students for employment in the fast-paced healthcare industry. Prospective students must undergo a criminal background check and conviction of certain crimes may make a candidate ineligible to participate in the clinical component of the program. Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the NCLEX-PN for licensure in the state of Georgia.
Lanier Technical College
Entry to the Practical Nursing Program at Lanier Technical College requires admission to Healthcare Assistant Certificate and completion of the prerequisite courses with a minimum grade C and 2.5 GPA. Prerequisite courses include fundamentals of English, foundations of mathematics, diet and nutrition for ALHS, structure and function of the human body, and basic psychology. After completing the prerequisites, the students must then apply for admission to the practical nursing program. Course topics include introduction to pharmacology/clinical calculations, nursing fundamentals, medical surgical nursing, maternity nursing, and nursing leadership. Students must complete 57 credit hours to graduate with the diploma. Graduates will be prepared to sit for the NCLEX-PN to become a licensed practical nurse. The full-time program can be completed in 12 months – 3 semesters.
- Apply to Lanier Tech
- Choose Practical Nursing on the online application
- Attend the New Student Orientation and/or online orientation to set up email
- Take the ATI TEAS exam and earn a minimum composite score of 60%
- Must hold American Heart Association First Aid Certification
- Complete American Heart Association BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers
Tuition for the program is $5,700 plus technology fee, insurance fee, graduation fee, and institutional fee.
- Website: https://www.laniertech.edu/
- Address: 2990 Landrum Education Drive, Oakwood, GA
- Phone: (770) 531-6300
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 95.98%
Chattahoochee Technical College
The Practical Nursing program at Chattahoochee Technical College gives students a solid foundation in nursing to provide competent and safe care to patients in multiple settings. The clinical experiences reinforce the nursing theory to give students the best opportunity to develop clinical competency. Nursing graduates have the critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, sound judgment, and technical skills to work as a vital member of the healthcare team. Course topics include composition and rhetoric, introductory psychology, foundations of mathematics, medical terminology for allied health sciences, nursing fundamentals, pharmacology and clinical calculations, medical surgical nursing, maternity nursing, and nursing leadership. The diploma program covers 57 credits. At the conclusion of the program, a successful graduate is eligible to take the NCLEX-PN exam. The program can be completed in 3 semesters.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must enroll in the Health Care Assistant Certificate program
- Must have a CTC GPA of 2.0
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a grade C or better – Composition and Rhetoric, Foundations of Mathematics, Structure and Function of the Human Body or Anatomy and Physiology I and II lecture and lab, Medical Terminology
- Take the AIT TEAS test and achieve a minimum total adjusted score of 60
Tuition for the program is $5,700 based on a per credit hour cost of $100 for resident students. Books, supplies, prerequisite courses, fees, and insurance are additional.
Top of Form
- Website: https://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/
- Address: 980 South Cobb Drive, Marietta, GA 30060
- Phone: (770) 528-4545
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 97.41%
Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Practical nursing instructors at Georgia Piedmont Technical College teach academic and occupational courses in the classroom and clinical settings to prepare graduates for employment in the fast-paced world of healthcare. Courses in the 57-credit program include nursing leadership, maternity nursing, medical surgical nursing, nursing fundamentals, diet and nutrition for allied health sciences, anatomy and physiology, and general education courses. Successful graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN to receive licensure as a practical nurse in Georgia. Admission is limited to 28 students for each cycle.
- Apply for admission to the college for the semester the applicant takes the TEAS
- Attend an information session
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C in all courses – Composition and Rhetoric, Basic Algebra, Basic Psychology, and Anatomy and Physiology
- Verify that the applicant’s major is listed as Practical Nursing in the Banner Web
- Take and pass the entrance exam – ATI TEAS with a minimum required score of 64.3%
- Complete a criminal background check and drug screen – for participating in the clinical rotations
Tuition for Georgia residents is $5,073 plus fees and expenses.
- Website: https://www.gptc.edu/
- Address: 495 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021
- Phone: (404) 297-9522
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 94.79%
West Georgia Technical College
West Georgia Technical College’s practical nursing program features a sequence of courses to prepare graduates for an entry-level position as a practical nurse. Students receive classroom and clinical learning opportunities to obtain, develop, and reinforce those skills needed to function as a part of a healthcare team. Course topics include structure and function of the human body, medical terminology for allied health sciences, introduction to pharmacology and clinical calculations, nursing fundamentals, medical surgical nursing, maternity nursing, and nursing leadership. Graduates receive a diploma that confirms their eligibility to take the licensure exam. The program admits new students once per year. Enrollment is a competitive process requiring students to meet all the requirements before the selection deadline.
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C and an overall GPA of 3.0
- Must hold a current CPR certification by the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers
- Must earn an Adjusted Individual Total Score of 65% on the TEAS exam – exam must have been taken within two years of the program start date
- Complete Physical Examination and Health History with a physician’s statement indicating satisfactory health
- Provide a copy of immunization records or titers – MMR, varicella, influenza, hepatitis
- Provide results of 2-step PPD or chest x-ray
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check and urine drug screen
At a rate of $100 per credit for 57 credits, Georgia residents will pay $5,700 for tuition plus extra for books, fees, and supplies. Financial aid is available for qualifying students.
- Website: https://www.westgatech.edu/
- Address: 4600 Timber Ridge Dr, Douglasville, GA 30135
- Phone: (770) 947-7300
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 85.56%
Southern Crescent Technical College
Southern Crescent Technical College prepares practical nursing students for success on the NCLEX-PN and licensure as a practical nurse. In addition to academic instruction, students attend a variety of planned clinical experiences to develop high-quality clinical skills. Upon acceptance to the college, students are enrolled in the Health Care Assistant certificate program while completing the admission requirements for the practical nursing program. The includes instruction in pharmacology and clinical calculations, nursing fundamentals, medical surgical nursing, nursing leadership, and maternity nursing. Prerequisite courses include fundamentals of English, basic psychology, foundations of mathematics, structure and function of the human body, and medical terminology for allied health sciences. The program is open for enrollment during the fall and spring semesters.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Must be at least 17 years or older
- Submit official high school transcript or GED transcript with test scores
- Meet the assessment requirements
- Complete or transfer ENGL 1010 or ENGL 1101, PSYC 1010 or PSYC 1101, and ALHS 1090 with a minimum grade of C in each course; and MATH 1012 or MATH 1111 and ALHS 1011 or BIOL 2113/BIOL 2113L and BIOL 2114/2114L with a minimum grade of B in each course
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for core classes
- Complete all health requirements including a criminal background check, drug screening, and health screening
Tuition costs $5,700. Books, fees, supplies, and insurance are additional.
- Website: https://www.sctech.edu/
- Address: 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA
- Phone: (770) 228-7348
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 93.14%
The Certificate Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program at South College provides adults with academic and clinical practice to acquire knowledge and skills to meet the demands of a licensed practical nurse in health care facilities. The career-focused curriculum cultivates critical thinking, effective communication, and application of knowledge in a complex healthcare setting. Students will learn to collect and organize healthcare data, provide competent patient care, contribute to the care plan, and identify common health problems. Course topics include human body in health and disease, vocational relations, fundamental concepts and skills for practical nurses, pharmacology, medical surgical nursing, pediatric nursing, maternal infant nursing, mental health nursing, and geriatric nursing and issued at the end of life. The certificate program covers 80.5 credits. Graduates of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program are eligible to take the LPN licensure examination (NCLEX-PN).
- Submit an application for general admission to the college
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $50
- Take and pass the entrance exam with a specified score
- Submit a minimum SAT combined score of 830 or minimum ACT Assessment composite score of 17 or provide evidence of a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA
- Submit a school of nursing application by the applicable deadline
- Take and pass with ATI TEAS Assessment score at the academic preparedness level of BASIC
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a cumulative GPA 2.50 – College Algebra, English Composition, General Psychology, and Medical Terminology
- Complete a background check application to complete a background check
- Attend a nursing orientation
- Complete health history and physical exam – provide records of immunization Hepatitis B, MMR, varicella, tdap, TB test
- Complete an acceptable drug screen
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage
- Must have valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card or Certificate
Tuition costs $5,500 per quarter for 10-20 credit hours. Books, supplies, fees, and admission costs.
- Website: https://www.south.edu/
- Address: 2600 Century Parkway NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
- Phone: (470) 322-1200
Erudite Nursing Institute
The Erudite Nursing Institute offers a licensed practical nursing program that covers all national standards for LPN training. Key standards include the scope of practice, roles and responsibilities of the LPN, patient safety, work environments, diversity, cultural and transcultural competence, public speaking and communication skills, critical thinking and introspection, standards of nursing care, abuse and neglect, medical administration, methods of proper documentation, and application of the nursing process. The curriculum requires completion of 60 credit hours. Course modules are critical thinking in nursing practice, communication and public speaking, nursing fundamentals, family nursing theory, medical nursing, legal and ethical aspects of practice, medical crisis, emergencies, and disaster prep, and intro to phlebotomy and intravenous therapy. Graduates are eligible to apply to sit for the NCLEX for Practical Nurses. Fast-track and standard schedules are available.
- Complete the application for admission
- Must have a valid, current, state-issued photo ID
- Pay the application fee of $65
- Provide proof of qualifying background in the medical field
The program cost of $16,080 covers tuition for 60 credit hours, textbooks, supplies, technology fee, and exam delivery and testing. The state board exam and associated fees are not included in the cost.
- Website: https://www.eruditenursing.education/
- Address: 3330 Cumberland Blvd, Atlanta, Ga 30339
- Phone: 1(800) 595-6276
- Email: admissions@EruditeNursing.education
North Georgia Technical College
The practical nursing program at North Georgia Technical College provides adults with the knowledge and clinical experience needed to care for patients in a variety of health care settings. The program objective is accomplished through academic and occupational courses that are delivered in sequential order and progresses from the simple to complex. Basic skills courses include college success, fundamentals of English I, foundations of mathematics, structure and function of the human body, medical terminology, and psychology. Occupational courses include nursing fundamentals, introduction to pharmacology and clinical calculations, medical surgical nursing, maternity nursing, nursing leadership, and clinical. The program is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure. They will receive a practical nursing diploma and be prepared to function as an entry-level practical nurse.
- Submit a completed PN Intent Form submitted by the deadline
- Obtain unconditional acceptance to North Georgia Technical College
- Must enroll in the Healthcare Assistant Certificate program – must be admitted to the HAC program by March 1 to be eligible for consideration for the Fall term
- Complete the required core courses
- Complete the HESI Assessment Exam (A2)
- Complete criminal background checks and drug screenings before clinical placement
Tuition and fees for the program is $9,485. Books and supplies must be added to the cost.
- Website: https://northgatech.edu/
- Address: 121 Meeks Ave, Blairsville, GA 30512
- Phone: (706) 439-6300
- Fax: (706) 439-6301
One thought on “LPN Programs Atlanta, GA”
Atlanta Tech does not have a lpn program. I cannot find any longer programs southeast of Atlanta, GA.
Comments are closed.